Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ready!

I finally finished Lilli's painting. I kept adding and covering and touching up until I finally just gave up and called it "finished!" Still not completely satisfied with it, but if I'm being honest I would have to say that I just don't care as much about the nursery as I did the first go around. When I was having Taelyn I felt like her nursery had to be perfect. I think because I didn't know what the joy of actually having the baby would be like and the room was something tangible that I could prepare for. However, this time around I know what to expect. And I have to say that I am much more excited about getting the actually baby out of her current living quarters and into our house!! The nursery has been in the back of my mind this entire pregnancy. She has bedding, a place to change/store diapers and clothing. And a glider rocker. We are set. And I am ready - physically and mentally! So... not as concerned with a Pottery Barn look-a-like for a nursery this time. This is a picture of the painting.


This weekend I am going on a women's retreat with my church. I am really excited about it. Hopefully getting away for a day and immersing myself in God's word and surrounding myself with His people will rejuvinate me! I am pretty worn out mentally and physically at this point.

Did I mention that tomorrow is my last day of teaching... not just for this school year... but for awhile. I will definitely return to teaching one day, but we are planning on me being a stay-at-home mom indefinitely at this point. So, after school tomorrow, not only do I get to turn my alarm off, I get to delete it! I am really excited about it. Unless we have a baby before then I have plans to attend the bible study at church that I used to go to when I was staying at home after Taelyn was born. I also plan to take Taelyn to preschool story time at the library. Oh, and hair cuts! I'm so excited to get my hair cut (not that I couldn't do this while teaching, but I've just been putting it off!).

Counting down the hours at this point until I return to my previous status of "stay-at-home mom!" So excited!!!




1 comment:

  1. i am so excited for you casey!!! what a blessing to be able to stay at home. can't wait to meet lilli!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete