Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pregnancy: 8th Month Evaluation

Sigh. What to say about the 8th month of pregnancy? I feel like the life has been sucked out of me and all I can focus on is April 20. Oh - and my adorable daughter! She makes the third trimester blues all go away... but not the third trimester tiredness! Lately she has picked up a common phrase from me, "My back hurts." She uses this on a very regular basis (like maybe more regularly than I do.). Can't put away my toys... my back hurts. I don't want to go to Bonsai for dinner... because my back hurts. How do you explain to a 3 year old that back aches are reserved for the 8th and up months of pregnancy?

I worked up the energy last night to make Taelyn a birthday cake for her friends that she stays with when I am at school everyday. I decided to do a bear cake because, as you can tell from my blog, I've made plenty of those and knew it would be easy. Ha - nothing is easy when you are 8 months pregnant! I baked the little guy last night and the entire bear fell apart when I took him out of the pan. Well, his head was still intact, but the body crumbled. I knew that I didn't have the energy to rebake this guy so I just headed to Kroger and bought her some pink cupcakes. What a disappointment.

And I haven't done any sewing in over a week. I want to add straps to that grey shirred top that I posted a week or two ago, but I haven't brought myself to be able to do it yet. Maybe next week I'll get motivated to sew some more ... since it is Spring Break and all. I am so looking forward to next week. We aren't taking any trips this year, and I'm kind of excited about that. I would love to see the beach right now, but was a little nervous about being that far away from home. So... we will be home all week and hopefully I can do all of the last minute things to prepare for Lilli's arrival (did you notice the spelling?? That is what we decided on!).

I have some crafty things planned, so hopefully I will be able to find the energy to do them! The following items are on my to do list for next week:

-Paint Lillian a canvas for above her crib

-Possibly paint 3 small canvases for her room and 4 small canvases for Taelyn's room to go above the head of her bed. These are just hopeful... probably won't get to them.

-Sand and paint this old antique desk that we have had in storage awhile. I am planning on it being the home to my sewing machine.

-Cover Taelyn's monogram on the crib bumper with either Lillian's monogram or some sort of applique.

-Get Lillian's crib raised (this is actually a to do for my husband. My involvement will be nagging until it gets done.)

-REST... as much as possible!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment