Wednesday, March 23, 2011

NOT A PAINTER

Okay, so I'm not a painter. I had fun doing it, but I'm not good at it. And I am big enough to admit that about myself. I posted a picture of Lillian's canvas (to hang above her bed) earlier this week. It looked too... solid... to me. Does that even make sense? The colors were too bright and the lines were too straight. There was just something I didn't like about it. So a few nights ago I decided to go through and add some white to it. I did what I have always done when I have attended classes at Easely Amused - I made it "whimsical" as the teachers there like to call it. In short - I messed it up. BADLY! See for yourself:



So last night I attempted to fix it. I wanted that stark white gone... so I went over a lot of it with brown. And continued to just make the thing worse. Now I wish I had never touched it and left it "solid." I liked it much better that way than how it looks now. Here is the current view:


 

I can't decide if I should just leave it alone and put it on the wall how it is, or if I should continue to mess with it in an attempt to end up with a decent finished product. I was thinking of taking some brown tonight and trying to make it less "whimsical" and more "solid." It seems like the more I add to it the worse it looks. I have several options at this point - #1: Say that Taelyn painted it. Or at least that it was a painting project that we did together (since, you know, she can't write or draw actual shapes - well, except a "T" and a circle). Or #2: Trash the whole thing and be out about $14 and a couple of hours of time. I really want to use the canvas since she needs something on the wall and I can't really pay anyone to paint anything for her room. So I need some help!

If you are a painter and have any advice for how to salvage this thing, please send it to me!! Please!!! Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment