Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break Recap

Ahhh... spring break. I already miss you! However, I have realized that I am not a good blogger when I am at home. That is what I've come to rely on my planning period at school for! I only have 2 weeks left of school before I start my maternity leave and my stay-at-home-mom-ness, so I guess I better learn to blog from home. I'm sure I'll quickly find a time that is good for blogging.

We didn't do much last week and it was wonderful! Taelyn stayed with my mom for 3 nights, giving me some time around the house to get things done. On Monday I did a lot of cleaning, laundry, painting and baby preparation! I got Lillian's canvas painted, but I think that I am not done with it. I am planning on adding some embellishments as soon as I get the time and energy. This is where we are so far, though.

On Tuesday, I didn't do much... and it was wonderful! I read a good bit, watched some tv, and stayed in comfy clothes all day long. It was a really nice day for me! Wednesday I met my mom to get Taelyn. We had a nice lunch together and then I headed home with my girl! I was glad to have her back home with us! Thursday and Friday, Taelyn and I basically just spent the days running errands, making good meals, playing with toys and trying to enjoy the beautiful weather outside as much as possible! On Friday morning I had a doctor's appointment and it's looking like we should be prepared for baby #2 at any time. I can truly say that I am ready! And I feel that her room and the house is prepared enough for her arrival! I go back to the doctor on Monday, so I'll keep you posted.

Saturday I went to a free sewing class at a local library. I was able to completely finish an apron during the length of the class. It was fun having someone look over my shoulder and give me pointers and suggestions while I was sewing. I think it increased my confidence level tremendously. So, last night we went to my in-laws and I started Taelyn a dress. It is only half-way finished at the moment, but in my mind the finished product looks adorable! I hope to finish it up in the next few nights and I'll post a picture of it! Hopefully the picture I post here will match the cute picture in my head. And I hope that it fits her correctly and that it doesn't fall apart in the first wash! My mother-in-law said that she has never seen someone just sit down and sew a dress without any sort of pattern. That's typically just how I do things though - I've never taken cake classes - I would just look at other people's cakes and think, "I can do that." Then I would go home and try it. So now I've gotten in the habit of paying attention to clothes that other children have on and seeing how they are sewn. And in my head I'm thinking, "I can do that." I guess we will see! Like I said - it may be all crooked when I actually get the dress on Taelyn!



No comments:

Post a Comment