Sunday, August 1, 2010

Slowing Down

During the summer, I got to where I was doing 3 or 4 (5,6...) cakes a week. I loved having the ability to do this while I was off. However, I go back to work again tomorrow, so I am going to slow down my cake making during the school year. Each cake takes time to make and bake, time to make the icing/fondant, and then usually 4+ hours to decorate. This takes a considerable amount of time away from my family, as you can imagine, so I am going to try to limit myself to one cake a week while I am teaching. I have a hard time saying "no," but I am going to try really hard to keep myself in check on this - for my sweet husband and precious daughter. Next May when school lets out I will go back to doing multiple cakes a week for the summer.

I am going to talk to my webmaster, Theresa (hehehe... she is going to loooove that!) about seeing if there is some type of calendar that I can put on the sidebar of my blog that will show what weeks I already have a cake booked. If you know how to do this leave a comment and let me know!! Thanks to all of you for all of the cake business this summer! It was so much fun making so many different types of cakes, and I continue to learn so much with each one! If you would like for me to do a cake for you during the school year, please make sure you talk to me about it in advance so that I can get you booked!

2 comments:

  1. Very funny, Casey. Very funny. I don't know how off the top of my head, but you'd better believe that I'm going to figure it out JUST because you said that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and by the way...people would probably comment more on here if you allowed anonymous comments and didn't have the word verification thing. It's a bit of a hassle for some, and some just don't know how to do it. Just a thought. We can fix it tomorrow if you want. Much love -- your "webmaster"

    ReplyDelete