Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Book Cake

I did another retirement cake last weekend for one of the sweetest government teachers EVER!! I am really, really fond of Mrs. Renee and couldn't wait to do a cake for her in order to somewhat thank her for everything that she has done for our family!! The cake pales in comparison to her generosity, but it was a start to show my gratitude!!

This was another book cake since these seem to appeal to me when doing cakes for teachers. Probably because I like to read ... and this one was appropriate because Mrs. Renee and I share books! Since she was a government teacher, I decided that I should drape a flag over the book, in addition to the same classroom items that I put on the last retirement book cake. The cake was french vanilla (seems to be a favorite lately), the icing was buttercream, all of the accessories on the cake were marshmallow fondant.






I put all three pictures up because I wanted you to see all angles of this cake. Not like you care! But I would have been wondering what the other side looked like if it was me viewing these pictures for the first time!

Happy Retirement, Mrs. Renee! Enjoy yourself!
              


1 comment:

  1. Casey:
    WOW! You outdid yourself with my cake!! Not only was it beautiful but it was also yummy!! I have shown the picture of the cake to many friends and they were all amazed at how creative you are!!Your work just keeps getting better and more creative!! Before long, you will be "creating" for the big shots!! Again, Thank You so much for making the cake for my party! You are a very special friend--one that I will cherish for life!!

    ReplyDelete