Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun Cakes!

A friend that I teach with asked me to do two cakes for him this past weekend... one for his son and one for his daughter. I asked what they wanted, because typically I do more complicated cakes, and he said chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Do you want it shaped like anything in particular? No. Do you want anything on it? Not sure. One day last week when his son and daughter were at school I got a chance to find out what they wanted. His little girl drew this cute picture of what she wanted her cake to look like.




His son said he just wanted it to say, "Happy Birthday, Logan" with purple and gold colors. He's an LSU fan, but don't blame him... it's his father's fault.

This is how the cakes turned out!




I was certain that the kids were going to hate the cakes since they seemed so plain to me, but my friend's sweet daughter came to me at school and said that her smiley face cake was the BEST cake she had ever seen. She said that it was even better than the picture she had drawn :). I love kids... it is so easy to make them happy! Happy Birthday, Logan and Liza!

No comments:

Post a Comment