Sunday, August 1, 2010

Minnie Mouse

I had a weekend full of birthdays! In addition to the 2 first birthdays that I posted about earlier, I also had a cake for sweet Sophie's second birthday! Just like all of the other 2 year olds in the world, she loves Minnie Mouse. So her mom and I worked together to come up with this cute design of Minnie.


Her ears were milk chocolate fudge and her face was french vanilla. Her bow and her nose was marshmallow fondant. You can't see this in the picture, but she had a marshmallow fondant edge all the way around her that matched the bow... pink with white polka dots. The rest of her face was covered in buttercream. Don't you just love Minnie Mouse? It was hard to keep myself from talking to her while I was making this cake :)


2 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I love it! However...I think there really might be a problem if you're starting to feel the need to communicate with your cakes. I'm sure they have a support group for that somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. any chance you'll fly over and do this one for lulie's birthday? love it1

    ReplyDelete