Monday, May 24, 2010

Pregnant Belly Cake

Not sure if that is really what I want to title this cake, but I guess it is appropriate! My college girlfriends and I were having a shower for Kelsey, so once again I was searching for something different to do for a baby shower. I decided that I was going to finally try covering a cake with fondant (for people other than my immediate family!!!). I have seen this cake done several different ways, so I took my favorite parts of several different pictures and combined them to make this. The great news: everyone at the shower was talking about how good the fondant was!

That opened up an entire new list of opportunities with cake decorating because I knew that I could use fondant and people would actually LIKE it! I know that fondant is pretty. But I get so tired of going to weddings where the fondant is left on the plate after the cake has been finished. It may be pretty, but it is cake and it is meant to be eaten. If it doesn't taste good then what good is it? So that has been my dilemma all along. I wasn't going to make a pretty cake that was gross.

I was ecstatic after the shower! I couldn't wait to try more cakes with my marshmallow fondant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment