Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bear Cake

Kacey Ginn (who is the self-professed biggest fan of my cakes) and I were throwing a baby shower for Lindsay, who was having a little girl. I didn't want to do the duck again... I wanted to do something a little more girly. I found the bear pan at Hobby Lobby and decided to try this one for the shower. This is also when I learned about the grass/hair tip. And I thought that piping stars was very labor intensive! Piping hair will sure make your hand sore! I loved how this little diapered bear turned out! My biggest lesson from this cake is that a little pink goes a long way!! With some of the gel tints, you have to add quite a bit of color to get it to look the way your want. The pink is the opposite of this. You can easily add too much of this and you end up with fluorescent ears!






No comments:

Post a Comment