Monday, April 18, 2011

Changes in our household!



So... the big news here is that we added a new little mouth to feed to our household! Lillian Noel was born on Tuessday, April 12. I went in on Monday for my regular check and had some good progression and was a tad low on amniotic fluid. So my doctor asked me if I wanted to meet her the next morning at the hospital to have a baby! Did I want to??? I could have hugged her I was so happy. So the next morning we went in early and had a very good day that ended with a sweet angel being born! Things went very quickly, thank goodness, and Lillian was born at 12:26pm. She was 19.5 inches long and weighed 6.5 lbs. April 12 was the perfect day for her to be born. First, she shares a birthday with my mother-in-law, who is just thrilled about it! Also, Taelyn's birthday is March 12 and my birthday is August 12, so it will be easy for my husband to remember!! As long as he can get the months right!! Here is a picture of her right after she was born.



Sweet eyes! We are still shocked that she has dark hair!

Meeting Lillian for the first time! Love this moment.

Taelyn seeing her new little sister for the first time!

BEAUTIFUL girl!

My sweet girls! I am so excited that Taelyn has a sister!
Since we got home, things have been GREAT! And I do not use that word lightly. Any of you that were around when I had Taelyn know how completely crazy I was. Crying all the time, feeling mentally unstable, and not having a clue how to take care of baby were just a few of the things that I dealt with. I had never been around babies at all and I was really overwhelmed by all of it. Taelyn was not a good sleeper, so I was also having to deal with all of that on top of no sleep. I was worried that those same feelings would present themselves this time around.

However, I have felt like a completely different person. I know that it is just feeling more comfortable being a mom and knowing what to do with a baby. But it is nice not having the fog to deal with. Lillian's nights and days are a little messed up, but I feel like I have dealt with it really well. I know going into each night that I am not going to be getting much sleep and that helps. It makes me thankful for any amount that I get. I've been praying at night, not for sleep, but just for the patience and strength to deal with no sleep. Meaning: Not being mean to my husband in the middle of the night. Or thinking ill thoughts toward him as he is able to sleep soundly through all of the baby noises!! I have seen that the newborn days do pass. I've been through that before. So now I know that it will get better! And I can try to enjoy these days instead of just wishing them away! 

Taelyn is being a really sweet sister. She has adjusted so well. I know that we will have up days and down days with her as we learn to deal with shared mommy/daddy time, jealousy and all that... but so far it has been fine! She loves being a big helper! Taelyn helps with diapers and putting clothes on. She is still trying to figure out nursing though ... it has been a little comical! Taelyn put one of her teddy bears up to her belly button the other day and said that she was feeding the bear her milk. Pretty funny. I can imagine that would be a little difficult for a 3 year old to wrap their mind around. She is starting to just accept that is how Lillian eats though, so hopefully the questions will drop off about it soon!

I'll end this post with Lillian's life verse and our prayer for her:
"But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulation Casey!! I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious angel(s)! I was just asking Theresa this morning about y'all! Glad everything is going good! Tell Taelyn that Mary Morgan said hi and that she misses her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos make me tear up. i'm incredibly proud for y'all. and even more excited to hear that this 2nd round is going a little better. the day you text that she arrived, i made the 12, 12, 12 connection. that's so cool! again, so excited for y'all. would love to see y'all! love you!

    ReplyDelete