Friday, February 11, 2011

Stroller Cake and Weekend Recap

Here is the other cake that I did last weekend (2 weekends ago? I've lost track of time.) It was another stroller cake with the paisley pattern from the brown and blue one I did a while back. The colors of the baby shower were pale pink and white, so the paisley was done with those two colors. The cake was french vanilla and the icing was buttercream. Once again... I have a picture but it isn't very good. It's a little dark because it was taken with my cell phone. You get the idea ;)


Just realized that it was 2 weekends ago that I did this cake. Last weekend Scott and I went to Birmingham for a wedding... without Taelyn! It was a fun getaway for us to take before the baby comes. The wedding was awesome! The rehearsal dinner and reception were both so much fun. The only bad part was having to wear maternity pantyhose! Why do they make those terrible things? If it wouldn't have been snowing outside I would have just avoided it!

The highlight of the trip was getting to spend the day with one of my best friends in this world! Lindsay booked us massages (my first prenatal massage!), then we spent the day shopping and eating! Perfect day, in my opinion!! We ate lunch at this fantastic place called "Flip burger boutique." It was quite swanky! My favorite part was the crazy liquid Nitrogen milkshakes that they serve. I was nervous about these being pregnant, but it was explained to me that they spray this liquid nitrogen on top of the milkshake because it is very cold and makes the milkshake really cold. Then you let it all evaporate before you drink it. I don't know if the liquid nitrogen made a difference or not, but the flavors were fabulous! Lindsay and I shared a Nutella and burnt marshmallow milkshake and a Krispy Kreme milkshake. Those of you who know me well know that I named my dog "Doughnut" because Krispy Kreme's are my favorite food. Pair that with ice cream and I am in heaven!!!

Not sure how my cake post turned into a "what I did last weekend" post, but there it is! If you ever get a chance to eat at a "Flip Burger," do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment