Friday, February 25, 2011

Haiti Update

I talked to Scott last night and their mission team made it to Haiti safely! They arrived with all of their luggage and were already at the compound where they will be staying when I talked to him. Scott had been outside playing soccer with some Haitians, teenagers and adults, and said he was already worn out!! He sounded as happy as he could be... but if you know Scott, you know that doing anything athletic as a ministry tool is right up his alley!

Please pray for the mission team as they begin their dental clinics today. Pray that they all stay in good health and that God will work through them and in them over the next few days. Also pray for Taelyn if you think about it. She is having a hard time understanding. She cried the entire time we were getting ready yesterday morning and everytime I asked her why she was crying she would answer, "My daddy is in Haiti." It was so sad!! She has been really into the story of Jonah lately, so I used that to explain to her that daddy was doing God's work and making God really proud of him. Last night every time she would get upset about something she would cry and say, "I want my daddy." I think that she is concerned that he is in Haiti and not coming back, although I've reassured her countless times that he will be home next week. I did wake her up to talk to him when he called last night and she was really happy about that. Getting ready was much easier this morning, so hopefully she is beginning to feel a little better about it. Your prayers would be appreciated though!

Scott said that he would text me today and let me know how things are going and he will call again tomorrow... so I will give you an update when I get one!

Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. praying for scott & the team, and for sweet taelyn :( that breaks my heart. praying she does better with it for the remainder of his trip.

    ReplyDelete