Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Little Baker

I did a very cute lollipop cake for a first birthday last weekend, but the cake had to travel an hour and a half away, so I didn't stick the lollipops in the cake before it left. They were going to get put in once it reached the birthday party. All of that to say - I don't have a completed picture of the cake with the lollipops in it. But they promised to take one for me at the party, so I'll post it as soon as I get it.

While making this cake I had some left over cake batter so I made an extra 8 inch round for Taelyn. I thought she would probably have fun decorating it and it would give her something to do while I was decorating the real cake. She is always wanting to "help," but I'm sure you other mothers of two-year olds can attest to the fact that a two-year old's help is usually a set back! However, I don't want to make her stay out of the kitchen when I am working on cakes because I don't want her to grow up dreading when mommy has to work on a cake. I think it is important to involve her when I can.

So she had a blast decorating "HER" cake while I was decorating mine! I gave her some of my extra white icing to cover the cake and then let her pipe it with hot pink icing and gave her sprinkles for the top. She had the best time and has talked all week about "HER" cake. Here are some pictures of the fun!

Hot Pink icing is her favorite!!!!

SPRINKLES!!!


Finishing touches. My poor table will never be the same after all of the icing that I had to clean off of it!!



2 comments:

  1. Precious! I miss that child SO bad! I will send you a picture of the cake right now. It was delicious!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this casey! so much fun. i agree, it's worth taking the time for those set backs! :)

    ReplyDelete