Friday, January 28, 2011

Lollipop Cake

I have pictures of the lollipop cake from last weekend. It turned out very cute! I'm not sure if you have ever worked with fondant before, but interestingly enough, the weather affects how this substance can react. Last week was very wet in Mississippi. It rained almost every single day. As a result, the fondant was so sticky! I had to use a TON of powdered sugar to make it act right for the accents on this cake. And my lollipops took a very long time to dry. I was getting worried by the end of the week, but luckily they turned out fine! Here are the pics of the cake and the smash cake.



This weekend I have another first birthday cake and a baby shower cake! I'll keep you posted on how they turn out!


1 comment:

  1. cute. love all the color. pregnancy can't hold you back ;)

    ReplyDelete