Sunday, June 13, 2010

Plain Ole' Chocolate Cake

My Sunday school class had a baby shower this weekend for two very sweet girls and, as the title implies, I decided for this one to make a plain ole' chocolate cake. Part of the decision stems from a very busy week and not much time left for cake making - VBS every morning with some adorable 2 year olds, a night of eating and painting with Theresa Friday night and the fabulous opening ceremony of the USA International Ballet  Competition on Saturday night. Yes, my husband was wonderful enough to watch Taelyn for these weekend events! He's a keeper!!!

That being said, chocolate cake it was. And I took the opportunity to try out some new recipes. I tried a new buttercream recipe, which I liked, but not as much as my regular. Because of this, I ended up embellishing the plain buttercream for the cake filling and turned it into white chocolate, chocolate chip buttercream.

The outside of the cake I covered with a chocolate ganache mix. Then I topped it all off with broken pieces of chocolate. It was very rich... great for the chocolate lover, which I'm not! Here are some terrible pictures. I forgot to take pictures before we cut it, so these were taken with my phone after the shower was over.





No comments:

Post a Comment