Sunday, June 20, 2010

5th Wedding Anniversary

This weekend I made an anniversary cake for Scott's sweet aunt, Mamie. She and her husband, Randy, have been married for 5 years this week, so we had a little celebration for them. I wanted to do an all white (or pearl) cake for her. I decided to do the inside red-velvet and cover it with marshmallow fondant, which I dusted with a shimmer dust. It was a nice combination - they tasted great together. I made a white chocolate "B" for the topper (their last name begins with a "B"). Happy Anniversary, Mamie and Randy!


On a different note, I used my beautiful, new stand mixer for this cake and it was amazing how simple it made everything! That thing made fondant like it was no big deal! Everything was so easy to do and it really cut down on the amount of time it took me to actually make the cake and icing. What a great purchase that was!!! Just in case you are interested... I have narrowed the name choices down to Scarlett (suggested by Kelsey) and Esmerelda (suggested by Mary Margaret). I think that I need to get to know her a little better before I decide on one, but I am leaning towards Esmerelda. Then I can call her Esme when I am particularly fond of her, and any of your Twilight fans out there will appreciate that reference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment