Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I LOVE this cake!!!

I made one of my most favorite cakes ever this week!!! Two of our very best friends, James and Mary Margaret, are missionaries in Zambia, Africa. They have been home for about 7 months, but are heading back to Africa in the next few weeks for another 3 years. These two show more faith than I can wrap my mind around! Mary Margaret has had both of her precious children in Africa and they are faithfully raising them in their home there. Me... I would be a wreck if I couldn't call my pediatrician every other day when I feel like something is not quite right with Taelyn! Anyway, Mary Margaret had a birthday recently, so while all of our best friends were together yesterday I wanted to celebrate her birthday. MM and I share a deep appreciation for the Twilight books, so I immediately knew what kind of cake I wanted to make for her. I have seen some Twilight cakes on the internet so I have been wanting to do one of these for awhile now and her birthday was the perfect excuse to make one!

I wanted to make it look like a book, but wanted a representation of all four covers. And, of course, the inside of the cake had to be red velvet! I love the way this cake turned out and I think MM loved it too! She was really excited!



I put both of these pictures up because I wanted you to be able to see the "pages." Let me know your thoughts of this cake!! 

If you'd like to keep up with what is going on in the world of James and MM once they are back in Africa, I have their blog in my favorites list to the left. 



No comments:

Post a Comment