Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rose Cake

This rose cake was for Maggie's 2nd birthday. The cake is french vanilla with light pink tinted buttercream topped with edible pink pearls and sprayed with lustre spray. 



[edit 5/10/12: Apparently I have upset someone because they feel that I am leading you to believe that this rose cake is my original design. I did not come up with the design for this cake, nor have I ever claimed that I came up with the design for this cake. I never intended you to believe that I came up with the design for this cake. I first saw this cake on pinterest a few months ago when it was being repinned for the 10,000th time. I then followed the pin to I am Baker's rose cake tutorial where she explains in detail how to make this cake. I figured anyone with an internet connection has seen this cake all over the web, so I never even assumed that someone would think I came up with this on my own. According to Amber from my comments section, I "stole" this cake design. However, personally I don't consider it stealing when the person who came up with it puts a step-by-step tutorial on their blog telling you how to make it. When someone does that, I am assuming that they want others to use their idea. Especially when the blogger says, "SO excited to share with you how easy it is to make the rose cakeSeriously, once you see you are going to run right out, buy a 1M tip, and make one."  For some reason I was under the impression that she wanted others to use her cake design. Maybe I read into that all wrong. However, I apologize if I led anyone to believe I came up with this. I did not. ]




.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a neat Rose cake! You must have enjoyed i. am. bakers tutorial.
    http://iambaker.net/rose-cake-tutorial
    it is a good idea to tell people when you use someone elses design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ridiculous. I use peoples ideas and designs all the time from Pinterest and I just say that I got it from Pinterest, not the person that posted it. Is there a Patent on the "Rose Cake"? I am sure millions of people have made that rose design on their cakes and just said that they got it from Pinterest or just claimed that it was their own idea. On Pinterest you never know whose original idea anything is anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is beautiful, as well as the rest of your work. The fact that someone thought you "stole" the design is crazy.

    ReplyDelete