Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wedding Shower Cake

I also did a wedding shower cake for this weekend for the daughter of a sweet, sweet friend of my mother-in-law. I did a 2 tiered SQUARE cake for her!! I don't know why I rarely do squares, but for some reason I gravitate towards my round pans when I am baking. I really like squares, though. And squares were perfect for this cake!!

The bottom tier was french vanilla, covered in fondant with fondant damask-like accents around it. The top tier was dark chocolate fudge, covered in fondant with a quilted pattern accented with pearls. On top was a fondant bow. I love the navy and white combination of this cake. I decided to spray the cake with a lustre dust when I was finished with it to give it a shimmer. It altered the color of the cake a bit, which I was disappointed about. Before I sprayed it, the navy was the most beautiful, rich blue color. I LOVED it. After I sprayed it, it added a tint of a silver sheen, making it more of a gun metal color. Still pretty, just not what I had originally mixed.



I also did some navy and white cookies for the shower. Still not too proud of my cookies, but they are getting better, I think. I didn't completely hate the royal icing this time... just slight hatred. Ugh. I hope to eventually perfect these, because I think they could be so cute. Anyone with pointers... I'll take them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment