Friday, June 17, 2011

Such a Slacker

I know that it has been a month since I've blogged. It's not that I haven't had the time to blog, it's just that I really haven't had anything to blog about. My days are consumed with feeding baby, changing baby, getting baby to sleep, and then it starts all over again. And thrown in the middle of that is Taelyn playing Cinderella and I am the wicked step-mother. I'm always the wicked step-mother. Boo. I wish we could play outside, but it's really too hot for Lillian to be out there more than a few minutes. And she can't wear sunblock yet, so that really complicates things.

Taelyn did take swimming lessons for two weeks that that was great. The first two days were really difficult and there were tears, from Taelyn and from me! The teacher was really hardcore. But at the end of that second week, Taelyn was jumping in the water from the side and swimming half-way across the short side of the pool with her face in the water. She can also come up and get a breath and put her face back down and keep swimming. She's only three, people, so I'm really proud of her! I can't wait to get her around her cousins because I think watching them will really help her as well.

On the baking side of things (I know... its been awhile since I've even mentioned baking!), once Lillian is sleeping through the night and we are on some sort of schedule (I live for schedules), I plan to start baking cakes again. I'm going to start slowly with one or two a month and then try to work my way into it. And ... I want to try my hand at these painted cookies that are all the rave in the baking world these days! I've got some cute design ideas in my head and I'm really excited about them! Hopefully they will go over well!

My bible study with Good Morning Girls is really good! I suggest you check it out if you are looking for a good study. We are going through the amazing book "The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson. It has been a really good book for me to read. I suggest it for all mommies! Click the link in my sidebar if you would like to look at the blog.

Alright... that's all of me wasting your time with the nothingness that I am blogging about. I'll try to come up with something interesting to say next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment