Thursday, May 12, 2011

Good Morning Girls Bible Study



My friend, Krista, posted about a bible study on Facebook the other day. I had just been thinking about what kind of study I was wanting to do for the summer and so I visited the link that she posted. The study looks so good and I am so excited about it so I wanted to share. Visit www.goodmorninggirls.org if you would like to look at the study as well.

The ladies behind this blog are going through the book The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson as part of the book club. They have 2 chapters of the book assigned per week The then have a scripture passage assigned for each day with a very neat way to study scripture. They use the "SOAP" method which stands for:

 1.  S- Write out the scripture passage for the day.


2. O- Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
3. A- Write down 1-2 applications from the passage.
4. PPray over what you learned from today’s passage.
They encourage you to get with a group of women to do the study; however, it can all be done via the web. On Monday's they will post a video by the author of the book. On Wednesday's they encourage you to share comments on their blog and then on Friday's you discuss answers from the discussion questions with your group. This can be done through email, facebook, twitter or you can meet in person to discuss. 

This study begins on Monday and I am really looking forward to it. I will probably be posting about it in the upcoming weeks. If you would like to check out the study, click on the Good Morning Girls circle on my sidebar.  If you want to join our email group, just email me and let me know and I'll put you on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment