Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cake Break

Now for the BIG news! My husband and I are expecting our 2nd child in April, and ironically enough, the smell of cake and/or icing is making me really nauseated! I guess it is just that sweet, sweet smell that just isn't sitting well with this baby. I wish I had a picture of me working on my nephew's birthday cake. I put on one of those blue masks that cover your mouth and nose to do his cake. However, I could still smell the cake through the mask so I shoved a dryer sheet in there to block the smell! The dryer sheet was strong enough that I was able to finish the cake without getting sick. My mother-in-law called to "facetime" with me while I was working on the cake, and she didn't know what was going on when I first answered! Anyhow, after I finished the few weeks of cakes that I had already committed to, I decided that it was a good time to take a short "cake break." So for the next few weeks, until my nausea passes (let's hope it is only a few more weeks), I don't have any cakes. But hopefully I will be back in about a month, so check back to my blog then and see if I've updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment